packaging research

Due to wanting to progress down the route of creating an ‘instruction manual’, that ultimately creates a workshop experience. I wanted to briefly look at packaging designs, as all the pieces that you would need would be included. For example, paint, balls, sticks, glue, paintbrushes, sketch book, information to link to the webpage etc. Therefore, if each child/school had one of these boxes, it would not only potentially look great as decoration, it would be great for arts/crafts storage afterwards too.

I used designyourownpackaging.com to make a quick mock up of what it could potentially look like. I haven’t nearly completed the design stage and believe that will continue to progress, right the way through this semester. However, I made do with what I already had.

I decided to go with a cylinder shape, due to the obvious connotations of working with spheres, as well as looking more attractive. I believe the logo (not yet complete) would be centered, being wrapped around the box and play the main part of the design. Overall, I like how simplistic this design is, and even though this is just a prototype, it ties in nicely to my overall ideas.

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 15.44.02

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 15.44.13

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 15.44.27 Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 15.44.42

packaging research